Losses and expenses incurred over the past eight months can quickly become overwhelming. That is why we wanted to ensure our community pharmacy partners were aware of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act Provider Relief Fund.
The CARES Act Provider Relief Fund presents frontline healthcare providers (i.e. you!) the opportunity to apply for federal funds to help offset losses incurred throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
To ensure a successful application process, here are five fast facts you need to know about the CARES Act Provider Relief Fund:
- Applications are being accepted now through November 6, 2020.
- The federal government has allocated $175 billion in payments to be distributed to qualified providers of health care, services, and support may receive PRF payments for healthcare-related expenses or lost revenue due to COVID-19.
- The COVID-19 Uninsured Program reimburses providers for testing and treating uninsured individuals with COVID-19 generally at Medicare rates.
- All recipients of PRF payments must apply and then sign the attestation within 90 days of the payment to confirm its receipt.
- Saving the best for last – assuming providers comply with PRF terms and conditions, the funds do not need to be repaid!
COVID-19 Resources through PrescribeWellness
PrescribeWellness remains proud and committed to serving our community pharmacy partners during this critical time by offering our front line providers the opportunity to secure authorized and reliable COVID-19 testing kits through our online purchase form. Our dedicated team members are standing by to provide you support throughout the entire testing process, such as facilitating the transportation of specimens for lab processing.
For more information on how PrescribeWellness can support your community pharmacy during the developing coronavirus pandemic, including the securing of testing opportunities, contact us today through the form below.
1 Any provider of health care, services, and support in a medical setting, at home, or in the community.
2 Subject to available funding