Once considered an optional strategy that pharmacies could employ to help recruit customers, having a digital marketing strategy has increasingly become a necessary component of most successful health care businesses, especially community pharmacies.
But what exactly is digital marketing?
While it can encompass a variety of marketing strategies, we like to think about it as a powerful, and personal, way to connect with customers online, which provides your business with a few key benefits.
Here are five components of digital marketing that can give your pharmacy the needed edge:
- Branding – Establish, share, and grow your pharmacies unique image and story. An online presence can help customers pick your pharmacy out amongst the crowd!
- Visibility – Since many customers get their first exposure to a business or service online, it is critical that you be there to meet patients where they are.
- Education – Customers go online to investigate and learn more about your business. This is a great opportunity to provide helpful tips for healthy living and medication management.
- Access – Digital marketing is a series of doors that invites people to learn more about your business – the more doors you have, the more likely it is people come inside.1
- Community – Building an online community can lead to referrals or other valuable relationships that may not have happened otherwise.
Be your patients’ partner in health
Pandemic or not, the PrescribeWellness solution offers a centralized comprehensive way to engage your patients. Automated personalized engagement sent through their preferred mode of communication lets you to meet your patients where they are, which is particularly helpful as pharmacists continue to serve as key drivers in administering life-saving COVID-19 vaccines.
Adding a digital marketing component to your pharmacy’s marketing arsenal will only enhance patient interaction and elevate your reach. This is why PrescribeWellness is proud to offer our pharmacy clients digital marketing resources to help engage patients online and stay in touch with your customers – even when they’re not in your store.
Going social with PrescribeWellness
Establishing a presence online and connecting with patients via social media is (and long has been) a very effective way to keep your patients informed and educated – well before the pandemic. But now, in this era of social distancing and contact-free everything, it’s more important than ever to maintain a strong connection with your patients. Being able to effectively communicate and engage patients online is critical and further helps to solidify the pharmacist as the community’s most trusted, knowledgeable, and accessible health care provider.
We work hard to provide specially curated content for both health care providers as well as patients. From the latest news to downloadable marketing kits, the PrescribeWellness blog also features our COVID-19 vaccine resource center, which provides up to date and need-to-know info surrounding COVID-19 vaccine requirements, reporting, and reimbursement.
Want the latest posts and blogs in your inbox, or just chat about how you can start leveraging the full power of the PrescribeWellness solution to grow your online presence and engage patients? Leave your information below! We look forward to hearing from you.