Did you know that all Google My Business users can add Messaging to their listing so mobile searchers can text you directly from the listing itself? And since text messaging is now officially the most used form of communication in the world, you need to include it in your Google My Business listing ASAP!
Just follow these 5 easy steps:
- Login to your Google My Business account
- Click on “Messaging” in the left hand menu: Only users with “Owner” permission level can view/access Messaging. If “Messaging” isn’t an option, contact your listing’s Owner (probably whoever created the account) to either upgrade your access or to set up Messaging itself.
- Enter Number You Want Texted: Be sure the number is able to receive text messages. You can add text messaging to your current business number using Text Request or you can get a separate textable number.
- Add Response/Greeting: This is the message people will see after they text you from search results. For example, “Thanks for the text! We’ll get back to you ASAP”.
- Confirm Your Number: Google will text a confirmation code to the number you entered. Just enter the code and you’ll start receiving text messages through your Google My Business Listing!