For Immediate Release
Pharmacists Shaping The Future of Pharmacy: PrescribeWellness Announces Their 2014-2015 Pharmacy Advisory Board
Aliso Viejo, CA. November 2, 2014 – PrescribeWellness announces 2014-2015 Pharmacy Advisory Board. In their ongoing efforts to provide viable and vital resources to Community Pharmacy, the leaders at PrescribeWellness have finalized their 2014-2015 Pharmacy Advisory Board. This Advisory Board will collaborate to address and forecast opportunities and issues affecting independent pharmacies today, tomorrow and for years to come.
“We have gathered together a group the most innovative and influential minds in the industry to combine forces and take on this new age of health care from all angles,” said Tony Thuyen, Co-Founder and Chief Strategist at PrescribeWellness.
“Our board members are visionaries of community pharmacy transformation. We intend to transform the world of pharmacy as we know it with this culmination of experience and insight.”
2014-2015 PrescribeWellness Pharmacy Advisory Board:
• Shelley J. Bailey, MBA is the co-owner of Central Drugs, a 111-year old pharmacy in Portland, OR. She previously served on the McKesson Independent Advisory Board and currently serves on the Independent Pharmacy Cooperative Advisory Board and the Oregon State Pharmacists Association legislative committee.
• Hugh M. Chancy, RPh is the co-owner of 5 Chancy Drugs pharmacies in Georgia. He is currently the 1st vice president of the National Community Pharmacy Association, a member of the Mirixa Board of Directors, and a board member of the Academy of Independent Pharmacy. He is the past president of the Georgia Pharmacy Association.
• J. Leon Claywell, BS Pharm, R.Ph., FACA is a community pharmacy owner with 3 pharmacies in Kentucky. He serves on the Kentucky Pharmacists Association Board of Directors, AmerisourceBergen Good Neighbor Pharmacy Advisory Board, American Pharmacy Services Corporation Board of Directors, and Kentucky Board of Pharmacy Advisory Committee.
• Pete Crouch, RPh, CPP is the owner of Eden Drug, voted the #1 pharmacy in Rockingham County, NC for the past 5 years. He is chairman of the Eden Chamber of Commerce and serves on the Board of Trustees for Morehead Memorial Hospital.
• Timothy Davis, PharmD is the owner of Beaver Health Mart and Brighton Health Mart in Beaver County, PA. He serves on the National Community Pharmacist Association’s Committee for Technology in Pharmacy, the University of Pittsburgh’s School of Pharmacy Executive Alumni Board and the McKesson Independent Advisory Board.
• Paul W. Lofholm PharmD, FACA, FACVP is the owner of Ross Valley Compounding Pharmacy and Golden Gate Pharmacy in San Rafael, CA.
Lofholm is a member of the Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board’s Standards Committee. He is a past president of Compounding Pharmacists. In 2011, he received the Remington Honor Metal from the American Pharmacists Association. He was also awarded Daniel B. Smith Award as the outstanding community pharmacist in the nation.
• Jonathan G. Marquess, PharmD, CDE, CPT is the owner of 7 pharmacies in Georgia. He is a past president of the Georgia Pharmacy Association (GPhA) and recently completed a 3-year term on the American Pharmacist Association Board of Trustees. Marquess was named Independent Pharmacist of the Year (2012) and Innovative Pharmacist of the Year (2008) by GPhA.
• Joe Moose, PharmD is a clinical pharmacist and co-owner of Moose Pharmacy with 6 locations in North Carolina. He serves as a primary preceptor with the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy Community Pharmacy Residency Program. He is also a preceptor for students completing introductory and advanced practice experiential education rotations with the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy, Campbell University, and Wingate University
• I.R. Patel is the owner of BiRite Quality Pharmacy in Orange County, CA. He has served on the Dean’s Council for the USC School of Pharmacy, the Board of Directors for Community Pharmacy Network, Inc., the Board of Directors of the California Pharmacist Association, the Advisory Board for the Indian Pharmacists Association, and the Cardinal Health National Advisory Board. He is the Chairman and President of the Indian Pharmacists Association.
“Our board members share the same passion, innovation, integrity and insight that will keep help us keep Community Pharmacy not only relevant, but also prevalent in the years to come,” said Al Babbington, President and CEO at PrescribeWellness.
“PrescribeWellness has pulled together an impressive list of pharmacy owners who I admire and respect. It is great to have the opportunity to collaborate with such innovative thinkers,” said Jonathan Marquess, PharmD, CDE, CPT. “We are working with the leading pharmacists to shape the future of pharmacy. Collaboration will play a large role in the advancements of our products, protocols and services, not to mention the issues that affect us all in this industry,” added Thuyen. “Our vision for pharmacy’s future is far-reaching and the possibility are endless with this dream team.”
“We are excited to be collaborating with these industry leaders and we welcome them into the fold of our PrescribeWellness family.” added Babbington. “The establishment of this leadership advisory board will help us better serve the interests of our customers and this industry, and ultimately the heath care of our entire nation.”